Serves 4 – cooking time approximately 20mins
– 4 tuna portions
– 1 large butter lettuce, trimmed and washed
– 400g green beans, trimmed
– 12 chat potatoes
– 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
– 4 eggs, hard boiled and quartered
– 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
– 2 tablespoons of capers
– 6 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
– 1/4 cup of basil, chopped finely
– Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Get Started
1) Cook potatoes in salted water until just cooked, drain and allow to cool, then cut into slices
2) Cook eggs for 10 minutes, allow to cool, shell & quarter.
3) Cook beans in salted water for 2-3 minutes until just cooked. Drain and refresh under running cold tap water.
4) Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Cook tuna on a medium to high heat to your liking
6) Place lettuce leaves in the base of four bowls and top with beans, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs, olives and capers. Place tuna on top of the salad and drizzle with dressing.