Serves 4 – cooking time approximately 20mins
– 24 scallops (roe on or off)
– 1 avocado, sliced
– 2 oranges(add grapefruit-optional), peeled and segmented
– 1 small Spanish (red) onion, finely diced
– 1 packet of baby spinach
– 4 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1-2 limes, juice and zest
– 1/2-1 teaspoon of palm or white sugar
Let’s Get Started
1) Heat fry pan on a high heat, brush scallops with oil and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side until just cooked.
2) Combine olive oil, lime juice and zest, sugar and mix well.
3) Place avocado, orange segments, onion and spinach in a bowl with half of the lime dressing, mix and place on plates.
4) Place scallops on top of the salad and drizzle with the remaining lime dressing.