Crispy Skin Barramundi w Tomato Caper Vinaigrette
Serves 4 – cooking time approximately 20mins
– 4 Australian barramundi portions, skin on
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– One lemon, cut into wedges
– Mixed salad leaves
Tomato Caper Vinaigrette
– 2 ripe tomatoes finely diced
– 2 tablespoons baby capers
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Get Started
1) Combine tomatoes, capers, parsley, vinegar/lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Add salt and pepper, mix and set aside.
2) Pat fish dry with paper towel, add a small amount of oil, salt and pepper to the skin side only.
3) Using a non-stick fry pan cook fish skin side down on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to hold fish down for 30 seconds to ensure all the skin is in contact with the fry pan.
4) Turn fish and continue cooking on a medium heat until just cooked.
5) Serve fish with mixed salad leaves and a wedge of lemon. Spoon tomato caper vinaigrette over the top of the fish.